This one-day ITC first aid qualification is aimed at those who are working in the outdoors but have good roadside access for the emergency services; such as a Field Studies Centre and therefore do not need the extended incident management that our two-day courses look at.
This course is also popular with keen outdoors folk, who want to know what they should do if they happen upon a first aid situation whilst exploring the great outdoors.
It looks at the systematic priorities in dealing with a broad spectrum of first aid skills including possible life-threatening emergencies.
Course contents include:
- A practical approach to casualty & Incident assessment.
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty.
- Ensuring a safe airway position.
- Resuscitation & the use of AEDs (Automatic External Defibrillators).
- Severe bleeding and dealing with shock.
- Dealing with choking.
- Heart attack, asthma, burns, diabetes, and anaphylactic shock.
- Current best practice guidelines and relevant legislation.
Cost per person £80
Please email email@example.com for a booking form and to register your interest in this course or if you prefer talking to someone give either of us a call.